Saturday, April 2, 2011

Grace and LB

Needless to say we were all very excited when Grace arrived.  I think Murphy and LB were the MOST excited.  LB (Little Bit) who is also known as Charles, was absolutely positively beside himself.  He'd been living with us at the ranch since he was 3 months old and he is only 6 months old - so someone new is a huge deal for LB.

Grace's first night here, he camped out on the roof of her house and didn't let her out of his sight.  FYI - the brown 'lump' of fur just to the right and behind LB is a hat .... not another cat.  And no, it is not a fur hat.
I'm not sure Grace knew what to make of having a cat on her roof ..... of course a cat on her roof may have been the least of what was on her mind.

 She seemed to take it in stride.  On the other hand, she'd pretty much had her world turned upside down - what with relocation from Phoenix to Denver, flying in an airplane, a week at the 'spa' (better known as the vet .... we'll let her keep thinking it was a spa); maybe a cat camped out on her roof wasn't that big of a deal.

Maybe .... she thought LB was/is her guardian angel

Then LB decided he should be more involved than just keeping an eye on things.  The next morning we were trying to get the leash untangled LB being the helpful kitten that he is, wandered over and offered to put his two cents and his paws into helping sort things out.
I'm working on the leash tangle and staying as much in the middle of them as I can get without freaking either of them out and thinking to myself "really, is having these two so close together a good idea?".

So far so good - it didn't turn out to be a bad idea

Hey! They are not trying to eat each other ..... very cool!!  They might even be buddies. 

LB has been wanting someone to snuggle with, he's tried to get Murphy to snuggle and Murph wants nothing to do with snuggling a cat - I think he thinks at his age (13+ years) he doesn't have to participate in that kind of activity .... Murphy and LB, that is another story for another post.

 I was worried that we'd have to teach Grace how to get along with the cats.  Let's face it, dogs and cats don't always get along, although ours always have.  Seems I had nothing to worry about, Grace fits right in - she and LB get along better than I could have imagined.

 
Paw to paw - I'm not sure I want to know what they are discussing ..... or planning

LB is looking at me as if to say, "Finally - what took you so long to get me a dog my size?!!"

Buddies

LB holding down the fort while Grace gets a feel for "carpet".

Hanging in Grace's house


Playing?  Heck, I have no clue what LB is doing .... well, other than being LB.

 Interesting sleeping arrangement .... I'm not sure how LB talked her into letting him have the big pillow

There we go - all settled in for a nap. The bigger black lump to the left is Grace and smaller black lump to the right with little feet is LB.

I have to admit, I never saw this coming

And just when we thought it couldn't get any cuter ... it got cuter.

 LB washing her tail .... or playing 'catch the wagging tail' or both 

Grace doesn't seem to mind whether he is playing chase with her tail or giving it a good wash and if she is okay with it, I'm okay with it.

I wasn't sure when it came time for dinner and LB invited himself

Grace didn't mind not a bit or even a grumble

She took it for granted that she would share her dinner with LB

And LB took it for granted that Grace would share her dinner with him

Cracks me up - Grace has LB tucked under her leg 

And LB is using Grace as a pillow

 In this picture LB is off to the left, you can see his tail standing rather straight up....going in for a snuggle.

 Getting settled .....

Comfy?!!

I think Grace fits in just fine ....

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see everyone is cooperating. It makes your life much less stressful. And makes better pictures for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,

    Every time I see these pictures of Grace I just smile and smile and smile. I am so happy that you and Andrew provided such a wonderful home with many new friends for her to have and a life of no worries. :)

    Dianna

    ReplyDelete