Sunday, June 17, 2012

Video: Hank and Shadow

As many of you know, Hank blew out his knee last November. Unfortunately when a horse blows out his knee it is like a human blowing out their wrist - lots of small moving parts stacked on top of each other 'just so', held in place and allowed to work by tendons and ligaments. Knee blown, ligament torn. Three, almost 4 months with leg immobilized. Then to a brace designed by Orthopets of Denver. Specially tailored clogs, thank you George and Dr. Page and was able finally come home the end of April. Since he's been home, I've been giving him time without the brace to work strengthening his muscles. Lately, I've been getting the sense he is bored (to screaming tears) so at breakfast this morning I decided to turn Hank out with the rest of the horses. That said - and to everyone who adores Hank ... he is the total instigator in this video. I stopped filming when I went over the fence to break up play time before anyone got hurt. Oh my goodness gracious.....

No comments:

Post a Comment