Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Murphy and I saw 6 deer this morning

We'd slipped out for an early morning stroll .... Murphy is at the stage in his life where we stroll v. go for walks .... and as we came to the sand bank ridge overlooking the shooting range, boing sproing bounce - 6 deer (5 does and a buck) broke from the underbrush and headed across the pasture. 

It was one of those reality check moments for me - I could see them and knew for certain what I was seeing; yet other than the slight ruffle of leaves, which could have been the wind,  they didn't make a sound.

Unfortunately my boy missed them, he was too busy scooping up smells from the grass and reveling in the pure joy of being on a walk.  Murphy missing them is just as well, he was off leash and in his excitement of actually seeing deer, he would have gone straight over the edge of the sand bank and that would have been bad.

All in all a great start to the day - stroll with my boy, he's sniffed up enough new smells to get him into next week and is happy to have been on a stroll and I got to see 6 deer.  Yes indeed, a great start to the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment