Saturday, September 25, 2010

First time for this .....

Gaia and Maggie and Murphy TOGETHER on the couch ..... I never would have thought I'd see the three of them together on the same piece of furniture.  Maggie was always the shy one - we've had company spend the night with us and never even see her - To think of her up on the couch with the dogs ... good gracious - Maggie? NEVER.  Until now.

Ever since Zeke left for The Bridge, Maggie has been 'adjusting', for lack of a better word, to being the only cat in the house.  We weren't sure what to expect, Maggie and Zeke and been together for 12 and a half years.  It seems any fears we had about her being the only cat were completely unfounded - she has stepped into the role of Queen quite easily, getting up on the couch with me and then last night getting up on the couch with Murphy and Gaia.  Of course with the three of them spread out like it is their couch (believe me - I know it is THEIR couch) .... I'm back to sitting in my chair.  And that is very okay.  On the rare occasions I get a spot on the couch, Maggie is right there with me. Now and again she adds her opinion to the conversation and she purrs - just happy to be there I guess.  I swear has an alarm clock in her tummy - a minute late with evening treats and her alarm goes off and off and off - until treats are delivered.  Oh yes, she takes delivery, she prefers delivery.  She still sleeps every night on her pillow above my head - she likes to keep an eye out the window and I like hearing her purr.  No question, Maggie has picked up the 'cats rule the roost' ball from where Zeke left it and she is off and running with it.  Go Maggie ......

Aren't they just as cute as can be ....??!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment