Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Fast Forward to Day 7: Grace in the snow

When Grace arrived in Denver, exactly one week ago, it was from what I understand - a relatively uneventful flight, although she did arrive in wind gusts in the 40-45 mph range ..... which I'm thinking made the flight a bit interesting.  Wind gusts aside, the weather during her first week has been relatively reasonable.  A few cold nights, which she has missed since she sleeps in her house (crate / kennel / whatever you care to call it, it is her space) IN the house. 

POI (Point of Information):  I measure cold nights by a couple of things ....... a) is the stock tank frozen over when I get up in the morning?; b) where are the horses and how concerned are they about where their breakfast is and when it is going to arrive? - if they are close and staring at the house, probably a pretty 'chilly' night; and c) how cold does it feel when I get up in the morning, and/or do I have to scrape my windshield (is there frost or a layer of snow)?

Sooooo - with a week of mild weather behind, Grace woke up this morning to 2, maybe 3 inches of snow.  I am thinking she might not have seen snow before - coming from Phoenix and being just about a year or so old, most likely not.  I was curious to see her reaction and was not disappointed, in typical Grace fashion - she walked right in .....

 Starting off on her morning 'sniff about'


 I don't think she's yet noticed she has a big glob of snow on her nose .... and I'm not really sure she cares.

Standing tall for a higher 'sniff view'

 Back on patrol

She seemed to decide that snow was no big deal; however, one critical factor remained to be tested ... do belly rubs work in snow?
 Hmmmm. They seem to work - maybe if you rub my belly for just a little longer to make sure .....

Oh YES!!  They work just fine!

Grace back inside, after breakfast and snuggled up in her house


Early morning horses ...... We woke up to snow and as dawn started to break over the hills, the fog moved it - made for, in my opinion, kind of cool pictures.

Just at dawn

As the fog rolled up the creek

Have a great day y'all!!



No comments:

Post a Comment