Sunday, October 10, 2010

Elliott is in the house ......

And I don't mean, "Elliott is here at the ranch" .... he's been at the ranch for over a year now; I mean really in the house.  And as you can see, he has made himself at home.

He doesn't live in the house, preferring to be able to roam the creek and pastures and patrol the barn at will - I think he has a personal commitment to eliminate as many voles as possible ... I must say, I support that commitment!  The good news is he is not daily leaving a vole on the deck and/or sidewalk - about once a week he leaves them for us, the rest of the time I think he just "leaves" them - I find deceased rodents at random spots around the ranch ..... I actually okay with that too.

Make no mistake, Elliott has not replaced Zeke, in the house or in our hearts; Elliott is his own cat and finding his own place.  Zeke used to nap like it was his right, in fact his entitlement to nap and by jingo he was going to do/have the best nap ever .... Elliott is more of a focused and enthusiastic napper; I think or would imagine he relishes the luxury of being able to do a 3S nap - Safe, Secure, Spot sometimes sunny sometimes soft .....


Elliott curled up and sound asleep on the bedspread.  You could almost hear him as he drifted off to sleep ... "oooo this is soft - maybe if I fall asleep quick, I'll be too cute to disturb and I can sleep here for the rest of the afternoon ..."
In case you were wondering:  He was (too cute to disturb) and he did (sleep there the entire afternoon).

Not quite so upside down and still sound asleep - Seriously, how does he sleep all wrapped up like that?


Another day - another nap!

All stretched out in the sunshine ..... life IS good!

Nose to nose with a 'napping cat'.
He cracks me up, one eye open as if to say "You woke me up - What is it exactly that you want?  Can you not see that I'm sleeeeeeping here ....!!!"

Now this is a comfy comfy boy ......

Honestly, the only other critter I've seen sleep with all four in the air is Murphy.  I don't think I've ever seen a cat sleep in this position - until now.

When he sleeps all upside down and silly it makes for some great photo opps .....

He seems to be settling right in - to 'his' corner of the couch.

He and Murphy are getting along just fine, sharing couch space.

Elliott doesn't actually doesn't come regularly or often - some days it is in and out, other days not in at all and then some days he comes in finds a comfy spot and naps the day away. 

I think he kind of likes it here ....


No comments:

Post a Comment